Our Availability List provides a platform for our Members to advertise themselves as available for work. Please note the following:
- Entry requirements to the BFDG and upgrade requests from existing members are reviewed and individually assessed by the Committee to ensure the correct level of experience, skill and working knowledge is reflected in the given membership grade.
- Each member is allocated a membership grade upon acceptance; however, they are not restricted to working in that position alone. Some members work often in multiple grades and therefore may appear listed under different categories.
- In terms of career progression, although our members require three credits on significant programming and confirmation from the Committee to officially change their grade, we do encourage our members who are progressing in their career to advertise as such. You may see a combination of two credits listed as an example of this.
- Our entry level category Newcomer is aimed at those just starting in the Industry, who would make excellent candidates for Art Department Assistants/Runners and those who are closely associated with creative industries (such as Concept Gamers) that are now moving into Film and Television with a wealth of transferable skills and talent.
- All our members feature in our Directory and you can find out more information by visiting their Personal Profiles.
- Although utilised by many, not all members choose to publicise themselves via our Availability List so if you would like further help/advice or should you have a position, grade or project requiring crew we can confidentially or openly advertise on your behalf. Please do not hesitate to contact us.