Once a fully activated BFDG Member, you can begin to enjoy VIP access behind the scenes.
The Members’ Area is a special part of our website, dedicated and accessible only to our members.
Within this area, each member has their own profile, which can be personalised to reflect you and your work, including the option to upload and display the following:
- Contact Information
- Profile Photo (or snapshot of your work)
- Latest CV, Portfolio and/or Project Images
- Agent Details
- Website Link
- IMDB Link
- Credit List
- Awards Information
- Social Media Links (Incl. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn).
Furthermore, within this restricted Members’ Area, all our members have access to each other’s unique profiles, meaning that you can view and reach out to others at a moment’s notice.
Networking & Screenings
Are you keen to network with like-minded individuals?
We run a variety of Networking Events throughout the year, enabling members to meet face to face and interact with all levels within the BFDG. Some of which include:
- Portfolio Surgeries – Providing the opportunity for younger BFDG Members/those less experienced and/or any member looking for constructive feedback to show and discuss their Work Portfolio with several experienced Heads of Department.
- “An Evening With…” – Fascinating talks and discussions led by highly acclaimed BFDG Members, always with opportunity to ask questions.
- AGM & Summer BBQ – A chance to come together to hear the latest from the BFDG and enjoy some finer weather, delicious food and general chit-chat.
- The Annual BFDG Awards Gala – A wonderful evening of style, glitz and celebration. This has become a real feature within the BFDG calendar.
- Social Drinks – Most often held in London, you can pop along for a casual drink after work to meet fellow members of the BFDG.
And finally…not forgetting our regular screenings of the latest film releases held at Pinewood Studios.
Found yourself available and looking for work?
Spread the word that you are available and increase your chances of landing that next job by joining our Availability Lists.
Advertised both internally (via our E-Weekly Update and Facebook) and externally on our website, the Availability Lists feature the latest BFDG Members available for work. Organised under job category, with the option to add dates available from/to, they are the perfect way to publicise yourself.
Would you like to be the first to know about upcoming jobs/projects?
We offer a Free Crew Finding Service and as such, receive the latest Work Alerts that we circulate to our Members.
We post Work Alerts on our Members’ Only Facebook page, as well as via the Members’ Forum. For specific positions we also directly email our members in that grade, who we know are currently available for work. All jobs are checked by us to ensure they adhere to the latest Art Department Rate Card before circulating.
Interested in unique, wide-ranging insurance cover?
The BFDG’s accident insurance is unique in that members receive £100,000 cover for accidental death or permanent injury anywhere in the world, whether working or not.
The insurance covers accidents in helicopters, single engine aircraft and scuba diving – these are normally excluded from personal accident insurance policies.
For further information, please refer to the British Film Designers Guild 2019 Policy Schedule.
To be eligible for this insurance members must prove that they are either based in the UK or that they have some residency here during the financial year and pay UK tax.
Do you want to be part of a wider online community?
At the BFDG, we keep in touch via numerous online platforms to ensure we reach all our members, including:
- Facebook (Members’ Only Access)
Topical issues are actively shared and discussed amongst members on our lively social media pages, sharing subjects of mutual professional interest as well as postings about members’ achievements, experiences and personal developments. They are a real hub of discussion and information and are highly valued by our members.
Want to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox?
We maintain regular contact with our members through the following:
- Weekly Email Blasts – Weekly updates direct to you, including issues of interest and updates, topical events and sharing members’ availability.
- Quarterly Newsletter – Enjoy extended news articles and updates four times a year.
- “Rumour Mill” – Circulated to our members quarterly, we compile a list of ‘rumoured’ upcoming projects to give them the heads up on the latest productions.
Keen to be a part of something bigger?
We have worldwide affiliations with:
- The Art Directors Guild (ADG) of America
- The Australian Production Design Guild (APDG)
- And closer to home; BECTU
Would you like access to substantial discounts?
- 20% off VectorWorks software
- 15% off Cotswold Outdoor, Snow & Rock, Runners Need and Cycle Surgery
- At least 20% off Data Repro’s price list for trade work and more for Members’ personal work
- 25% off accountancy services from the BFDG’s Accountant [Peter Ferrier – PCF Taxation]
- Discounts at The Apple Store, Watford
Keen to get involved and share ideas/feedback?
We love to hear from our members and there is always an open invitation to our Monthly Committee Meetings, if they wish to find out more and introduce themselves.
We exist for our members and encourage everyone to get involved, we welcome questions, suggestions and feedback at all times.
You can always contact the BFDG office for confidential advice and guidance.
Office + 44 (0) 1753 785967
Mobile + 44 (0)7823 348431