Nottingham Trent University – (Hons) Design for Film and Television
Created and maintained in close collaboration with the film and television industry, the BA Hons Design for Film and Television course at Nottingham Trent University prepares students for successful careers in various art department roles, as they explore all aspects of contemporary production design practice for film and television.
Students gain a sound knowledge of scenic design and learn to manage design projects from an initial idea through to realisation. They acquire a wide range of art department skills, including visualisation, draughting, industry-standard software use, small props creation and scale model making.
- Nottingham Trent University is ranked 8th in the UK for Art & Design (The Complete University Guide 2019).
- Excellent graduate employment rate, with 95% of graduates in employment or further study within six months (DLHE survey 2016/17).
- High student satisfaction rates, with 97% of students saying they were satisfied in the National Student Survey 2018.
- Great industry connections for guest lectures, work experience, live projects and employment opportunities.
- Facilities that reflect the latest industry standards, learning from staff who have industry experience.
- Recent study trips have included film studios in Paris, Berlin, Prague, Rome and Budapest; and the Museum of Cinema, Turin.
- Students showcase their work at high-profile industry venues such as Shepperton Studios and Pinewood Studios.
- Awarded the ScreenSkills Tick, demonstrating our genuine industry-level training and connections.